110 English phrases related to communication at CEFR Level B1

110 English phrases related to communication at CEFR Level B1

 Here are 110 English phrases related to communication at CEFR Level B1, suitable for interactions between two people:


Greetings and Introductions:

Hello!

Hi there!

How are you?

What's up?

Nice to meet you.

Long time no see.

How have you been?

Good morning!

Good afternoon!

Good evening!

Asking for and Giving Personal Information:

Where are you from?

What do you do?

Tell me about yourself.

What's your job?

Do you have any siblings?

How old are you?

Where do you live?

Can you speak any other languages?

What's your favorite hobby?

Making Plans:

Would you like to hang out sometime?

How about grabbing a coffee?

Let's catch up over lunch.

Are you free this weekend?

What are you doing tomorrow?

Do you want to see a movie?

Expressing Preferences:

I prefer tea to coffee.

I like action movies.

I'm a fan of Italian food.

I enjoy reading books.

I'd rather stay in tonight.

My favorite color is blue.

I love listening to music.

Inviting and Accepting/Declining Invitations:

Would you like to come to my party?

I'd love to!

I'm sorry, I can't make it.

Maybe next time.

Thanks for inviting me.

I appreciate the offer.

Asking for and Giving Directions:

Can you help me find this address?

How do I get to the nearest bus stop?

Is there a supermarket around here?

Go straight and then turn left.

It's just around the corner.

You can't miss it.

Making Suggestions:

Why don't we go for a walk?

Let's try that new restaurant.

How about going to the beach?

We could visit the museum.

Why not take a day trip?

Let's have a picnic.

Expressing Likes and Dislikes:

I really enjoy playing sports.

I can't stand waiting in long lines.

I love spending time outdoors.

I don't like watching horror movies.

I'm not a big fan of spicy food.

Reading is something I find relaxing.

Talking about Past Experiences:

Have you ever traveled abroad?

What was the last movie you saw?

I visited Paris last summer.

We went hiking in the mountains.

I studied abroad for a year.

Did you have a good weekend?

Giving and Asking for Opinions:

What do you think about this idea?

I believe that...

In my opinion...

How do you feel about that?

I'm not sure, what do you reckon?

Can I get your perspective on this?

Describing People and Places:

She's tall with blonde hair.

The city is bustling with activity.

The restaurant has a cozy atmosphere.

He has a friendly personality.

The park is beautiful in the spring.

This building has a modern design.

Talking about the Weather:

It's a beautiful day, isn't it?

I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.

The weather is quite unpredictable.

It's really hot today.

I love the crispness of autumn.

We might get some snow tonight.

Expressing Emotions:

I'm so excited about the trip!

I feel a bit nervous before exams.

That movie was really touching.

I'm sorry if I upset you.

I'm happy for your success.

It's okay to feel disappointed.

Making Apologies:

I'm sorry for being late.

I apologize if I hurt your feelings.

My apologies for the confusion.

I didn't mean to cause any trouble.

Please forgive me.

I'm sorry about the misunderstanding.

Offering Help and Making Requests:

Can I help you with anything?

Do you need assistance?

Could you please pass the salt?

Would you mind opening the door?

I could use some help with this.

Can I ask you a favor?

Talking about Daily Activities:

I usually wake up at 7 AM.

After work, I like to relax.

My morning routine includes...

I spend my weekends doing...

I'm going to the gym later.

What's your typical day like?

Discussing Future Plans:

I plan to travel next year.

I hope to learn a new skill.

We're thinking about moving.

Do you have any goals for the future?

I'm looking forward to the holidays.

Let's make plans for next month.

These phrases cover a range of situations and topics, providing a solid foundation for communication at CEFR Level B1. Feel free to use and adapt them based on specific contexts and conversations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

100 + Motivational Quotes To Inspire You in 2024

I will create hd motion graphics countdown timer video

benefits of green onion